If you had blinked an eye, or stopped to sneeze, into your handkerchief, or the crook of your arm of course, you may have missed him. Because, after nine-long months, during which he has been spending more time with his family/entrepreneurial activities/bidding for the country’s head honcho job and electioneering, the Hon Jeremy could only manage an hour at Waverley Council.
An hour? Just an hour – to talk through all the issues which face our borough with the heads of the new all inclusive Rainbow Administration? Was one of his many aides standing by with a stopwatch?
Did you have to swallow hard as the bile rose in your throat, as you summoned up the courage to speak to those leading ‘Your Borough Council’ because its administration isn’t Tory?’ You know, the council that has been covering your whole constituency of South West Surrey since May 2018?
Did you just slip in the visit between photo ops in Godalming & Farncombe, to shut the voting fodder up, including us here at the Waverley Web, just in case we all started to lose faith in you as our newly re-elected MP?
No worries, we suspect that the new Administration will just about to manage to continue running Waverley without more than an hour of you precious time.
However, perhaps you were able to glean just a little about the pressing matters that are impacting on Waverley residents. Like:
- Anti-Social behaviour
- Residents concerns with rail service
- Fairer funding for local government
- Government Planning policy and it’s impact on our area
Following your request for any questions – Cllr Followssorry we couldn’t add a few of our own, as the WW didn’t receive notice of J’s flying visit.
- Because we were travelling on an overcrowded train into the City standing room only!
- One of our team was worrying themselves sick as every single penny of their parents money, which included their former home, has now run out having been spent on their nursing-home fees after being turned down for any NHS Care at the age of 99 years!
- Another has just been refused a mortgage, despite being a key health-care worker.
- Another who has just bought a home in a Waverley village only to find that the planners have allowed a 4th Gypsy site nearby.
- Another who fears they may soon be floooded.
- And another whose business is about to hit the rocks, and doesn’t know how he is going to afford the proposed council-tax hikes.
Oh, and just in case he has forgotten, we are choking on traffic fumes here in Farnham, as we fall into potholed roads and pavements, trying to get our kids to school without using the car. ~ in our bid to Save The Planet!
However, we have all taken his advice to wash our hands up to our elbows – and self isolate, so thanks for that bit of advice you gave on the radio Jeremy. But, as some of us are on zero hours contracts and don’t get paid, any ideas on how we live? Answers on a postcard Jeremy?