LET’S HOPE THEY HAVE BETTER LUCK IN EWHURST THAN THEY DID IN ALFOLD?
Following the unpopular decision by Waverley’s Joint Planning Committee to grant permission for 55 houses in Alfold just a week ago…
…read hereTen out of Ten for Trying Councillor Deanus!
TONIGHT,Tuesday, the very same committee will be considering an application by Millbrook Homes for 31 homes on a green field site behind Backward Point, Cranleigh Road, Ewhurst.
Well there you are then – if you cannot be bothered to read all the reasons why Waverley Council want another green field to be built on and why the officers’ have made a recommendation to councillors that it should be approved – here they are in a nutshell :
- No objection from WBC planning “experts” because they have No Local Plan and No five year housing land supply.
- No objection from Surrey County Council’s Highway Authority!
- No objection from Thames Water – despite there being a very real problem at the Cranleigh Sewerage Works.
- No objection from a variety of other statutory agencies.
- No Objection from the Environmental Health Dept of WBC.
There is plenty of objection from the Locals almost 90 at publication of this post – including the village leaders at Ewhurst Parish Council. This is what it said…
However the bungs from the developers’ are as follows:
So there you are then … Officers’ recommendation to grant permission, backed by the highway authority – here are the people you need to write to …and quick! Otherwise another green field could bite the dust?