Right here – right now – the residents of Waverley are grappling with failing businesses, COVID or post COVID, hanging onto their jobs and homeschooling their children.
There are others, with nothing better to do than criticise what people wear, and what their background is when they are on Zoom.
Dear Councillor Follows,
Here are our WW guys views on your attire for the recent Full Council meeting of Waverley Borough Council.
- If you were wearing jogging bottoms or were sitting in your underpants – we don’t give a damned. We are far more concerned about what you say – and how you represent our views.
- We think your sartorial elegance was exemplary – you didn’t need a tie.
- After 9 hours on Zoom – because we presume like us, you have a day job too – we are amazed you can even see straight. Our eyes are bloodshot and look like road maps. Our ears are ringing like the bells of St Clements – and our brains are turning to mush.
- As for the disgraceful remarks from a former council leader about officers’ children daring to rear their nasty little voices in the background during your hallowed meetings. What exactly are your staff supposed to do? Put their children into care during COVID?
- We will not comment on the “unmade bed bit’ for a councillor who we presume has to use his bedroom for Zoom calls rather than his study! Surely everyone has a separate study these days don’t they. Perish the thought that they are deprived!
- Except to say:
“It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought to be a fool, than open it and remove all doubt.”
You can watch it here: No room for Zoom. A Waverley spat but not as bad as Handforth.
Taken from Cllr Follows Facebook Page
That we still have a councillor using their speaking time to comment that they don’t think someone has dressed appropriately in 2021 is a disgrace.
Can I ask, are residents alright that after 9 hours on zoom today I am not wearing a tie to this council meeting this evening?
PS: below is me dressing offensively to some conservative councillors tonight. You would think they would like blue?